Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Transition Plan


We received our transition plan today of how we will help the little guy move from his current placement into our family. It is nice to be able to picture what we need to do each day. Emerson is so excited about getting to be a big brother. He has told almost everyone "I'm getting a new brother, he is three like me."

Today Mom and I went looking in vain for a bed for "I" As with all things, by the end of the day it worked out better than I could have expected. Sharron called me tonight to say a friend had two twin bed frames and box springs to give us. So Mom got a mattress and the booster seat today. We also picked up a book shelf for him courtesy of my sister.

My next big task is to reserve our hotel in Texas and to make and send a photo album to his current family ASAP so that they can start introducing us. Something tells me that that will be the 4 am project. I still want to order some picture books for both Emerson and "I" but I am not sure they will get here before we leave.

Tonight John and I had friends over who adopted their little girl from China about a year ago. It was so cute to see Emerson and Mae Mae play. Boy is life going to be hectic with two three year olds. For now I am just going to enjoy getting to be Emerson's mom and try to get as much done as I can.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are coming together for your new addition! Good luck with the preparations! What an exciting time for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget we live in Texas if there is anything we can do for you let us know. Gena, Jaimie and Berik Lloyd

    ReplyDelete