Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The News of the Day

Well now that the holiday weekend is over we were able to take care of some much needed business that can't happen on the weekends.

The fist thing we did is put an offer on a house with 6.5 aces. We have been looking at it all week but our Realtor was out of town so we had to wait until today to formally offer. Now we have a new waiting game. I just hope they don't play it too long because I want to take care of all of that before we leave. Yet again another exercises in trust is upon us.

When we got back home I called the agency who is placing Isaac and we discussed the plan a little more. We are waiting on some papers from his current family, so that we can get our paperwork to sign, notarize and copy before we can leave.

She also said that we can do our first visit on July 12th instead of the 13, so we might just leave on Saturday rather than Sunday.

I also called DHR to check on the progress of our child abuse clearance. It has gone through and is sitting on our social worker's desk awaiting her return. All things are falling into place so nicely. It is helping me trust this process as I watch it all unfold.

We also got the room arranged. It feels weird to have a room without bedding or books on the shelf. I did hang a world map in there and I put up some car decals on the wall. We will use his current bedding and toys to fill it once he is here. Most likely we will ship his stuff as soon as possible. Maybe even some loving family member will even be willing to unpack the boxes so that it will all be set up for him when we arrive.

Updated Countdown:
3 days until we leave
5 days until we meet him
10 days until he comes to stay with us

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys, what a happy time!!! and 6.5 acres, wow plenty of room for 2 active boys to run!! congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I just got caught up on your blog Isaac is such a cute little bot I am sure he and Emerson will become the best of friends, I cannot wait to follow your journey we are so excited for all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karona,

    Sean and I should be able to unpack your boxes and help get the room set up. We can work out details when we get back (on Saturday). This would be easy and fun for us to do.

    We love you and are so excited to meet our new nephew!
    Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we were closer! I would love to get that room ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plenty of room for the brothers to roam and build forts. Have you heard yet?

    ReplyDelete