I think I accedientaly gave people the impression that we made it home last night. As tempting as it was to go the whole way, the 11 hours of drive time would have certinaly pushed a majority of us over the edge. We did drive from Dallas to Jackson, MS and arrived at our hotel at 7pm.
The boys did suprizingly well. Yes, Emerson wanted me to do something with the DVD player about every 5 min. Isaac is not that into the DVD player so he wanted me to play peak-a-boo with him. All in all, I think "Mama" or "Mommy" was said somewherer close to 2,000 times. Suprizingly they only asked for Daddy two or three times. How John managed to swing that I am not sure.
Today is the big day that Isaac will see that what I mean by goiong home is not the same thing he is thinking. I explain to him each time that he is getting a new room and a new house. It will be interesting to see how he reacts when he really sees what I mean.
It also is the point where I get to go back to the real world. While John unpacks I will take the boys to the grocery store and library. Monday we will take Isaac to his big Dr. appointment, Tuesday John will go to the home inspection for our new house. We have loads to do before we can close on the house. I also need to take Isaac's IEP paperwork to the school district so that he can start school as soon as he is emotionaly ready. Add to that I need to get both the boys school supplies.
I am also going to go back to school for the first week to get my classroom set up and make sure my sub, and teaching teams are all on the same page. It is going to be a crazy few weeks. Fortunately I will then have about a month to get the familiy adjusted to the school schedule, the new house, and hopefuly Isaac's health on the right track.
If it weren't so hot in Kaz, we would have seriously thought about going a week or two early to pick up Irina just to have that non-rushed time with only her. I hate it that there is a million and one things to do at home. We feel that every weekend so we have to actually make a conscious attempt at doing something totally kid-focused at least once over the weekend. Otherwise Miras and I can spend a lot of time running errands and doing laundry. Welcome home new family of four! Good luck with the transition and the new home.
ReplyDeletep.s. Sometimes I hear "mommy" "mommy" "mommy" "mommy" so often that I want to change my name! Ha!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are super super busy. Don't forget though to take a few, just a few, quiet moments for yourself. It sounds like everything is working out though. We have enjoyed the pictures of the boys! Gena
ReplyDelete