I know that pregnant women talk all of the time about finding them selves emotional at the drop of a hat. It is attributed to pregnancy hormones so I don't get that excuse right now. What I do know is that certain things bring tears of elation, awe, blessing and happiness to my eyes at the drop of a hat.
Take last night. John and I went out for our last date night for a while. Add to that the person I am. There are two core values that my life revolves around.
1. I believe that every child (or adult for that matter) deserves a loving safe home and family, regardless of the situation they were born into.
2. I believe that all children/people have the right to a quality education regardless of gender, race, economic status, nationality, that empowers and fulfills them.
Last night these two ideals coalesced at The Red Cat coffee house in downtown Birmingham. Our dear friends held a benefit concert for "Grade International" This guy leads treks in Nepal, and he has started an orphanage/school for the unadoptable kids of the street.
One of the songs they played ends with "I hope you hear my Lord everyday. Although I may not get down on my knees and pray. I tell you this one thing for sure, there is reverence in my laughter Lord everyday." All of this came together with the word "Laughter" which is what Isaac means. Tears again, but the good kind.
Today I also received this e-mail from Isaac's current family
"We received your picture book for Isaac. He has been looking at the pictures since he got it yesterday. His favorite pictures are of his new mom, dad, and Emerson. He hugs pictures of his new family several times a day. He can hardly wait to meet you all!" ... tears and laughter followed. There is reverence in my laughter.
We are slowly packing things up and John is putting the roof rack on the car as we speak. Emerson insist on bringing his red suitcase for all outings today just in case we are really leaving yet. Sometimes it is easier to let the three year old have their way:) I put Isaac's booster seat at the table and Emerson immediately moved their chair's side by side.
Tomorrow's "Plan" it to leave early and either stop to watch the 3rd place game for the world cup or get a hotel early. I am willing to sacrifice that game to make it to TX in time for the final. Who knows. With all things in our life there are plans, and then there is what happens. Rarely are the two similar, but it all works out just as it should.
The Countdown
Days until we leave: none
Days until we meet him: 2
Days until he comes to stay with us: 7
I got goosebumps reading your post:) Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteKaron, I truly believe that as adoptive parents, we DO go through the same emotions as a birth-mother. God gave it to us regardless of the situation.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you & your family. Can't wait to meet Isaac. We will be thinking of ya'll during our APAC meeting this week.
Be safe & Go with God!
Tammy