Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bitter Sweet

Hello to all of our followers. We just received wonderful news that the ICPC has been granted and that we are free to leave the great state of Texas. We also received great news that the UAB international adoption clinic will be able to see Isaac on Monday. I am beyond thrilled and I feel very fortunate and lucky. I will be honest. I was one cranky Mama bear this morning. Last night I slept like a baby, I woke up every 30 min and cried. Well not really cried but worried. For those who know me well, you know that worrying is one of my greatest talents. Thanks Dad for passing along this trait.

This morning I drug my bottom out of bed and was hankering to start bugging officials at 5:30 am. If only I had home numbers, I would have done it. I waited until 8:01 am. I must have called 15 different people. Mind you while I am trying to explain why I need this paperwork to clear I have Emerson shouting in the background "I miss my Mimi."

So why the title to the post? Let me start by saying that this spring my mom suffered from a series of strokes that left her out of commission for almost a month. For those who know my mom, this was a big deal, as my mom is always the one helping others and my dear sweat dad. This was probably the first major time in their lives that people were able to pay Mom back for all she had done for them. When Mom was too sick to eat, her friends and neighbors showed their love for her by caring for my dad. When she got home people came to sit with her so Dad could go to book club or play golf. Yesterday when I spoke to Mom, she told me she had a good day because she made food for two families in need. She was so happy that she felt well enough to began to give again. She said she always did it because it was the right thing, but now she knows just how special it is to receive help when you are down.

The reason my happiness is bitter sweet today is that there are 10 children that weigh heavy on my heart, while I hold my two boys here with me. They are all from Taraz Kazakhstan and have families from several countries that have gone through all of the steps to adopt them. Unfortunately politics have put blinders on the judges in this region who are legislating from the bench. Their adoptions have been denied. Today I am asking all of my loyal readers to consider joining the Taraz Ten cause. I am pasting the information below. How joining the cause helps is by showing the US state department that enough people care about these 10 kids and the plight of orphans that this issue should make their to do list. If not for me or these families, think of Emerson and how easily this could be him stuck in this situation. Please click on the link provided and join. Also, if you happen to be close with anyone who ranks high in the state department like Hillary Clinton they would love to get in a personal call:)

Eight families have spent months in Taraz, Kazakhstan, attempting to adopt 10 orphaned children who were offered for foreign adoption by the government of Kazakhstan. After the families spent months bonding with the children, judges have ruled that problems with documentation at the baby house prevent the judges from approving the adoptions. This consigns the children to orphanages, possibly for their entire childhoods, when they should have been in loving homes months ago. By joining this group, you will state your support for these families and for the placement of orphaned children in stable families rather than institutional care.
http://www.causes.com/causes/503597/about?m=39e28576

As I have stated earlier in my blog: One of my core values is that every child deserves a loving and safe family. This keeps me up at night, it bring me to tears when I hear of injustice towards children. My family is complete to my knowledge but I promise to not forget the sweet faces I have seen along the way, the kids left behind, those in orphanages, group homes and our foster system. I hope that somehow our story and our two boys will inspire change that so desperately needs to take place.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are close to heading home. How great you are thinking of others in this stressful/exciting/overwhelming time for you. Daniyar looked at your blog pics with me and called Isaac "Collin" yesterday. Those cute China boys!

    ReplyDelete