Lots of good stuff has gone on since I last wrote. On Friday night we had our good friends Mark, Danette and their daughter (from the same region as Isaac) come by and visit. They brought Emerson and Isaac matching Thomas outfits which broought on another flurry of motherhood emotions. Emerson was so excited that he insisted on putting the outfit on then and there. I have yet to get it off of him.
The other big thing was that the social worker from Texas called me. We talked for about an hour. She sounds wonderful and she knows the family and Isaac. It was so wonderful to speak with her. He sounds wonderful and much of the situation is exactly what we had susspected. One thing she did say was that the first meeting would be on Tuesday the 13th. WHAT, we moved everything up because we had been told Monday the 12th. It turns out the agency had arranged for things on Monday the 13th. Oops. So as we were driving yesterday she asked if we would be OK doing the first meeting Sunday night.
So tonight is the night. We only have 3 more hours to go. It looks like we will get to Dallas in time to watch the world cup final, get the boy a nap and go meet our new son. All in a day. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. Now if I could only get some sleep. I know I desperately need it. For some reason my brain thinks it should solve the problems of the world at 2am.
The ohter cute thing is that this morning I asked Emerson, like I always do, if he had any dreams. He normaly tells me he dreamed about going "Night Night." Today he told me he dreamed about his new brother Isaac.
I hope it all goes really really well today, this evening, and oh, for the rest of your lives! It is wonderful to witness your journey. . .and Isaac is one lucky kid!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you guys! And so touched by Emerson's dream, that is so sweet. Wishing you guys all the best!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you guy's I really cannot wait to read your next post, he is one lucky little boy as you are to become his parents.
ReplyDeleteWow - talk about fast forward! I am so excited with you and can't wait to hear all about the first meeting!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you!
ReplyDelete