When I look at our list of followers it inspires me that so many of you are following along this amazing journey that we are on. It is hard to believe sometimes all of the twist and turns that have lead us to our current life. We were visiting friends last night and he said "Choose where you want to be in life, put it out there, the rest of the details will eventually fall into place." John and I started off knowing that we wanted to parent at least two children. Little did we know what a simple wish like that would do to shape the people we are today.
Our journey to Emerson led us to Kazakhstan. It was a pretty strait path once we decided and a smooth road. When we looked into his eyes in Uralsk on April 20, 2007 we knew that we would do anything in the world for him.
Then in October 07 we decided to adopt again. We decided so quickly because we were worried about John's age becoming an issue. We were talked into adopting from Bulgaria. We waited on their list until May 09 before realizing that their program was really becoming one for children who had major special needs beyond our parenting ability. So in May 09 we switched back to Kazakhstan. We dutifully completed our paperwork hounding officials every step of the way. It then sat, and sat and sat on a desk from Dec. 1 to May14th. At that point the program closed and our bank account began to look like a sinking ship from years of document updates and agency fees.
Faith is a hard thing for me, yet seeing how Isaac slipped into our lives with all of the other chaos is the universe shouting at us to keep paying attention because it is all unfolding perfectly. Just like with Emerson, when I look into his eyes in the pictures, I know that I would do anything for that little boy. All those other ventures were just stalling us for this parenting opportunity.
In 10 days from now, we will start our official visitation of him and file for his adoption through ICPC. IF all goes well,it will take 6-10 days for the paperwork to go through and we will come home to start our lives as a forever family. IF it takes longer, then we get to start our life in a hotel and enjoy becoming a family without the distractions of day to day life.
Thank you all for following along. You are welcome to leave comments and ask questions here. Facebook is a little too public for me to say much on there, but this is an easier place to speak freely.
This is truly an amazing turn off your road to Kazakhstan. What this little guy must have experienced so far is hard to imagine. I wish you all you need to make this a smooth transition into each other's lives. Will love to read more!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that things are working out for you at last! I'd love to hear more of the story that led you to Isaac. It must be a pretty amazing one!
ReplyDeleteIsaac is adorable, by the way. I hope you all adjust easily to the new family dynamic!
checking in every morning, just to keep up with the next step in the process :-)
ReplyDeleteI am trilled for you! Isaac is adorable and the look in his eyes speaks volumes! I cried looking at him... I am just so happy for ALL of you. I can not wait to hear how you lives fell into place together but whatever it is I know it was all meant to be. G_D works in amazing ways to make everything fall into place. I am so excited to be on this special journey with you, many thanks for letting me follow along. xxoo
ReplyDeleteOh, Karon, John and Emerson...how wonderful! I am so glad that all is coming together so perfectly. Your family and your journey do show how there is a plan for all of our lives and your patience in waiting for that plan to come together is inspirational! Thinking about you every step of the way and looking forward to watching your family grow! Have a great week!
ReplyDelete