One of my favorite winter gardening projects is to poor over seed catolougs and dream of next year's garden. I have done many maps of my garden space, read lots of books, and talked endlessly with my gardening budy Martha. But, I have many week moments when it comes to seed catolougs. Seeds and plant are about the only things I buy for myself, and even then, it is nor really just for me. Fortunately John just made me another 3 x 12 foot garden bed, and I have loads of good covers for my beds so that I can garden and harvest all winter.
Here is what I ordered:
Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans
Golden Beets
Imperator Carrots
Bright Lights Chard
Kaleidoscope Pepper Mix
Purple Cyenne Peppers
Cahsflow Squash
Yellow Crookneck
Carnival Squash
Wild Cherry Tomoato
Brandwine Tomaoto
Martinos Roma Tomato
Moneymaker Tomato
Purple top turnips
Pak Choi
Blackberry Shoots
Onion sets
Potato eyes
Oh I can hardly wait!!! Gardening teaches me much needed patience.
All of this is from Pinetree Garden Seeds. I like them because they send in small quanitities for the home gardener making variety an option. They also have loads of organic and herlioom options.
Next I will be ordering from Vermont Bean company because I need to grow more protiens.
Wow - that sounds great! I don't know where you find the time. You are superwoman! I used to love that January ritual too but now I no longer order from the catalogs as I always order too much and have to find somewhere to plant it all... on the porch, in the flower beds, etc.
ReplyDeleteGo girl! Wish we had more room for veggies but we have to settle for some pots on the deck and patio. Our big front flower bed needs plants, but probably just the "decorative" varieties.
ReplyDeleteYou really should use spellcheck. Your poor spelling detracts from your blog.
ReplyDeleteOn the day you posted this was the day my seed catalogue arrived. I too love to look at plants at this time of year. I haven`t done much gardening for the past few years. Oh I have all the enthusiasm in the spring, but I lose it with the heat of summer. We`ll see if I feel different this year. But that is the thing I love about seeds, they hold dreams of what could be.
ReplyDelete