Monday, December 5, 2011

P, P Ch, Ch

Isaac comes runnig up to me, "Mama, Mama, listen... Pu, Pu, PuuPy. Ch, Ch, Choo, Choo. I really can make new sounds."

We were told that it would take 3-6 months for him to make new sounds, that his brain would have to map out a route to the new muscle attachments to the top of his mouth. We explained this to him, but I guess he was ready to go sooner.

Now, like with any muscular work out, he needs to have lots of practice and has to work at it. These sounds do not come naturaly for him, and it is easy for him to be lazy or miss sounds. I am thrilled though with this little bit of progress and his pride in the process.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that's great! I can't wait for Irina to do the same as she is now in intensive therapy for similar issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome he is such a hero..

    G-Pa Ed

    ReplyDelete