
Isaac has always noticed pictures around the house. Maybe it is because there was not one picture of him in his old home in Texas. We now have lots of family pictures up with the four of us. I also have the youngest pictures I have of each of they boys framed. Then we have lots of random pictures that we think are cute of the boys and our family.
Isaac is not noticing that he is not a baby in any of the pictures we have of him and that Emerson is a baby in some of them.
Yesterday he pulled a picture down that had John and I with Emerson as a baby and asked "where am I?" I explained that he was still in China waiting for a family when that picture was taken.
Isaac responded with "what took you so long to find me, I was waiting and waiting for a family."
I explained as best I could how Daddy and I were looking all over the world for our son and Emerson's brother, but that we kept looking in the wrong place. I told him how sorry I was that we did not find him sooner, but how very happy I am that we finally did find him and that he gets to be part of our family.
He then smiled at me and said "I am glad you found me too. This is the best family I have ever had."
Aw - melt your heart!
ReplyDeleteLove!
ReplyDeleteMost days I have a LOT of trouble reading this blog, because the tears keep getting in the way....YAY Isaac, YAY Emerson !!!
ReplyDelete