Thursday, November 17, 2011

Isaac's Comments


Yesterday I was a bit bummed that in my few moments of posting that I could not recall anything witty Isaac has said recently. He must have know this, because when I got home he gave me two great quotes.

The first was when I walked in the sun room upon returning home he was drop kicking his spider man kick board across the room. I promptly reacted by explaining that the toy was not meant to be kicked. "But Mama, it is a kick board, and I am kicking the board." Duped again by my 4 year old literalist.

The second laughable moment was when Isaac wanted to go outside and play yesterday. I told him that I needed his help picking persimmons off the tree and that he would get to go on the ladder. He was very excited about this prospect. He kept begging me to go outside. I explained that he needed to wait until I got the chicken in the oven to roast. He looks at me very seriously and says "Mama, just go outside, catch a chicken and throw it in the oven so that we can go play." 4 year olds do know how to simplify the process.

Today Isaac goes with John to his pre-op appointment at children's. He will have surgery on Nov 30 to help alleviate some of his speech issues. As demonstrated, the kid has great things to say, now we just need to help him be able to speak clearer so the whole world can enjoy his sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. :-) I love the wild & wonderful ways and sayings of 4 yr. olds- keep those quotes coming!

    ReplyDelete