Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Paper Chase and Trip Planning

Thank you all so much for your kind words, support, advice and love during this crazy time. Through out the process many of our friends both in and out of the adoption community kept reminding us that miraculously the right kid would join our family at the right time.

Now that we know that "I" will be joining us, we have been on the go for the last 24 hours. I have been working hard to update all nessisary paperwork for our homestudy. And of course our social worker had a two week vacation planned for these two weeks. She left today, but in all reality it could not be done quicker because we need another child abuse clearance letter from the state. All of these papers should be on her desk on July 12th. At this point she will overnight it to the agency handeling the adoption and then the states start swapping papers. This should take between 3-10 days. We will not be able to leave "I's" state until this paperwork goes through.

John is also trying to take care of all the orders he already has with the buisness. I talked to my amazing principal today who is working with HR on my maternity leave aggrement. My mom has graciously offered to buy him a bed, and some of our wonderful friends who have twinned kids through adoption are already providing wonderful advice.

What we know about our new addition is little and some is his personal story that we will let him chose to share in his own time. I can tell you that he was adopted internatialy from China and that he was born with a cleft pallet. He has already had his first surgery and recovered from that. He is four months yonger than Emerson, and he will be home before the end of July. As I learn more I will be sure to share. Thanks again for the comments and love. It so good to hear from our lurking crowd.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I am so happy for your family and can't wait to follow along on your special journey. Best of luck! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your window opened so fast for you! And how hectic - I guess you are on overdrive making all of the preparations. Can't wait to hear more and follow along. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, God is good. I can't wait to hear more!!! so glad things are turning around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful news after the long roller coaster you have been on! What a summer this is turning out to be!! Can't wait to hear more and to watch your family grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How WONDERFUL for you to be adopting this boy! WHat a blessing for all of you! Your lovely Asian "twins" will make for a beautiful family. All of our love, Andrea and Anelya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karon,

    That is Wonderful news. I am so happy for you, and I can not wait to hear more.

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been out of town and am just catching up... wow!!! such great news! I know you travel in a day or so and I can't wait to hear how it goes! Congratulations to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just now reading this and am so excited for you all. Serik and Austin are 4 months apart too. I hope the transition goes smoothly. Just know that it can be difficult at times but you all will get through it and grow closer as a family of four! If you ever need to talk I am here for you! Good luck with meeting him tonight. E and I are going to such good friends, it is really awesome to watch that.

    ReplyDelete