Monday, June 7, 2010

You are here, now what??

Wow, what a long weekend it was. I remember once having a Dr. leave a message about "something being wrong with lab work" on my phone on a Friday afternoon once, and I am sure that the stress of what that "something" was caused me to loose years off my life with anxiety.

So Friday afternoon we were informed that our dossier was on the Embassy Looser list and was being mailed back to our agencies. No explanation, no discussion, no questions. Just a big FAT "NO."

My mind wandered to all of our options:
1. Stay the course, update documents and hope for the best. Hey who makes it through a Kazakh adoption without some major stress inducing catastrophes?
2. Be happy with what we have. Emerson is amazing and I am thankful every day that he is in our lives. He is a handful, sociable and makes friends easily. Plus if we want to live a life of random travel it could be a whole lot cheep er and easier.
3. We could try and revive our Bulgarian Dossier which has been registered since March 2008.
4. We could consider switching to China's waiting children program.

All in all, I have made a lot of calls today. What I have found out has lead me to want to bang my head into a wall until my need for logic has vanished. I am certain that logic is a long gone precious commodity. So what I am being told is that our paperwork was returned because two documents were expired. For those of you who have not lived and breathed Kazakh adoption for years, there are 25 plus documents in a dossier. They all have different lengths of time they are good for and some of them take months to get and others cost $1000s. On May 3rd my case worker and I went through every single document and discussed exparations. The only one cutting it close was our FBI prints which actual expire tomorrow. So now the head of our agency is calling to find out more from the Embassy. Please, keep all fingers crossed that he will be in a good mood and recognize the mistake and process it. It is a long shot, but hey what is not in this process.

For now I think we will continue to proceed with reckless abandonment. I fear the "what if's" but for now I have to remember that there is some kid out there who has a lot more to fear.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have recognized that there are options for you. I believe your second child is out there. We don't always know exactly where and when we are headed in the wrong direction (ie timing because your child is not yet paper ready, you are in the wrong country, etc) the universe takes over and sets on on the correct path. Although that process is often painful and questions are endless as to WHY?!?!?! it does end up as it should in the end.

    Here's to praying for the universe to show you what's next! xo Andrea & Anelya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    so there's a glimmer of hope yet?

    I hope that the head of your agency is gently persuasive and has a really good relationship with the consul.

    Still on the edge of my seat here, hoping for the best for you. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete