Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The word on the street


Before I go into the latest news there are a few things I owe to myself and my readers. First off, as adoptive parents we have to deal with a lot of crap, yet I must say every ounce of it is worth it for my (and others) wonderful children that have shaped our families. Secondly I am so thankful that one of the perks of adopting is the amazing community that has adopted my family.

We just spent a wonderful week traveling to Wisconson to visit family and attend Kazapalooza. While there, the croud was as diverse as they come, yet our one link of being Kazkah adoptive parents pulled us together in ways that very few crowds have expereinced.

Emerson had a fun filled week of wrestling with cousins and running through fields. He had numerous kids at the reunion that possesed the same nomadic warrior drive that he has. (In the western world we call that ADHD:)

We learned about the great work that the Spoon Foundation and Two Hearts for Hope are doing for the kids we had to leave behind. Inspiring is too weak of a word to describe the work these organizations are doing.

Now on to our case: We heard today that our agency was finaly able to speak to the Embassy. Unfortunately it looks like he still won't process it. He is claiming that there were mistakes but he can not remember what they are. This is maddening on several levels. One how can we fix the dossier for resubmission if we don't know what is wrong, second there are not any mistakes. Our agency has asked for him to put his decisions in writing while explaining what the errors were. We shall see if this materializes. My hope that he will reverse his decision at this point is slim.

This morning I woke up feeling an odd sence of peace, knowing that our child is out there. I don't know where and how this child will come into our lives. I just know that we will be the parent of more than one child.

Where we go from here is complicated. From what I can gather, Kazakhstan is not really sure what they want in September. (assuming they reopen then.) We have spent three years and $1000's redoing paperwork, over and over again. There comes a point when it must stop and we must count our blessings. We have the most amazing little boy who blesses every day of my life. When I tuck him into bed I tell him that I love him more than I even knew was possible.

It is said that when one door closes a window opens. When we adopted Emerson, someone made a "mistake" in showing him us. While the mistake with the consulate is heart breaking now, I am trying to trust that we have been detored to the correct path.

For now, I will just be keeping my eye out for that open window and hope for some clarity.

6 comments:

  1. I know you're frustrated and confused and heartbroken. I'm so sorry that the outcome wasn't what you had hoped it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I don't think we had the chance to chat this past weekend at KP but my heart goes out to you & your family during this trying and confusing time.

    At one time we could not have imagined our family unfolding the way it did...the way it has ~ now I simply cannot imagine it any other way. I thank God for the missteps and hurdles along the way that led us to our children.

    Sending blessings to you all,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that we missed you at KP this year... hopefully next year! And sorry to hear that you are not getting good news on the dossier. I share your frustration with the delays as we went through hell and high water this time - even in country. But I agree that destiny has a hand in this process and will deliver to you the child meant for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to find the time to go back and read through your blog, but I wanted to comment that I've read your most recent posts and you sound a lot like me. I'm glad we were able to connect, however briefly, at KP. We're torn between continuing to keep on the path towards another Kaz baby (although we might end up SOL too due to age), finding another path (although part of my heart will always be with KZ now), or counting our blessings and finding peace with only having one child. I'm so sorry you guys have gone through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My elder child is a Kaz child. I opted for Kyrgyzstan for my second adoption and if you have followed that country you know they have been tied up in political knots for a while now. I chose to go domestic instead. My little girl is wonderful, she is a year old. I do believe when one door closes another opens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's totally maddening—how can you fix something when they won't tell you what's wrong. I'm so sorry Karon. I sure hope the door opens for you and John soon—REAL soon.

    ReplyDelete