I have found myself these last few weeks at the end of my rope. I had run out of patience with some of my students, the bureaucracy of school work was wearing me thin, my chores at home were mounting but I kept saying "I will take care of that during summer." My family has sadly been the suffers. By the time I get home, I have given all the slack that my rope had, and I am at the end hanging on for dear life. Operating in survival mode is just not fun for anyone.
This last week has been a roller coaster for Isaac. He is finally better from both of his ear surgeries, but his schedule has been off at school and there have been big goodbyes and big transitions. He has needed me, and sadly by the time I would get home, there would not be much left of me to give. The last three days though, I have had the clarity and strength to take the time to sit in the rocking chair with him, and just rock and sing and be present.
My greatest gift I have just been given now that school is out is the gift of a longer rope that is a whole lot more flexible than the one I have been using for the last 10 months.
Amen- praise be! :-)
ReplyDelete