We are in a stage now where no news is good news. It means that the Embassy has not decided to send the unprocessed dosseiers back. It lets me remain hopeful, but I am so affraid to let that hope grow because I am so afraid of finding out bad news. I read on one of the list serves that Kaz also wants to limit the program to couples under 45. This would be a definative end to our journey and I just don't know if I can take it.
The other thing I read this morning that set me off was a French woman saying that they knew last week. If my profession is working with Kazakh adoption, don't you think that you would be watching for information about Hauge compliance like a hawk. If France found out last week that the cut off date was May 26th there, why were agencies here not on high alert. Also, why was France given three weeks to prepare for a shut down while we were given less that 24 hours.
My nerves on edge. I am Ok with all this stress for a happy ending, I just pray with all my might that the end is happy.
Hi
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog via lotsofkazblogs.com. I just wanted to give you a word of encouragement. We were in the midst of our 2nd adoption in 08. The consulate stopped taking dossiers on July 1 and ours was sent back though it was submitted at the end of June. Regardless, our dossier sat at our agency till mid October when they began accepting dossiers from "select" agencies. I was devestated, my nerves were shot etc. But in the end, our adoption was completed in only 2 mos past the estimate given when we started. Plus, we were fortunate enough to adopt an amazing baby girl, when we had been told "no girls were available w/o a very long wait". I have to think back to that time of waiting and frustration and know it was for a purpose. Our daughter is incredible and she would not have been available for adoption if we stayed with our original timeline. Hang in there! It is an exhausting roller coaster, but as you know, so worth it in the end!
Best
Mary
marycollier930@msn.com
I know that it is terribly frustrating to be in the dark (isn't the whole process like this???) but you'll have to try not to read into others' comments too much or it will drive you nuts. Also, our agency essentially said that the program has never shut down for more than a couple of months so they don't expect this to last more than 3 months. While it is extra frustrating when you are this close, you have to expect at least one delay of a few months as it happens all the time with the Kaz process. We had it happen to us 3 times last year - and all of them about when our dossier was going to go to the consulate - but the processing time after our dossier finally made it to Kaz has been fairly rapid. While I realize that some families are getting through faster, our agency estimated 18-24 mos when we started again and we are now at 17.5 mos and getting ready to travel. So in spite of a year's worth of never ending delays, we should be home within our expected time frame. So, hang in there and hope for best (yet plan for the worst) and be persistent as you'll get there eventually. BTW, I believe that any age requirement changes need to be approved by the upper and lower parliaments and they meet in the Fall so I wouldn't put too much credence to any rumors about that. Good luck!
ReplyDelete