Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It is May, can we go to the Embassy now?

For the last few months we have been told emphaticaly that our paperwork that has been gathering dust will finaly move on to the next step. The next step is to go to the Embassy in Washington DC. This is a huge step, sort of like getting to see the heart beat on an ultra sound. Most people however do not have to wait for 6 months. So yesterday I e-mail our caseworker and she informs me, that it should still go to the Embassy in May but not until the end of the month. Come on! Seriously!

With that said, I did what every good adoptive parent does. I went to my local jail to be fingerprinted again. I mean isn't that how you put your family together:) Hopefuly John will get his prints done today and then we can get them to the FBI. I really hope it is all for nothing. Our other prints expire on June 8th I hope that our paperwork is through the Embassy by then. But the way things work with adoption I better have 10 different contigency plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment