We have taken one tiny little step forward. Our last round of paperwork with our medicals has now been translated. I have been assured that our dossier will go to the Embassy in May. What I don't know is when in May. This matters because our FBI prints expire July 15 and I will need to start that process soon again if we don't get through the next step soon. The other big news is that Kazakhstan signed the Hauge Treaty. I am not sure at this time what that means for us. Hopefully nothing as far as paperwork is concerned. I also have to send USCIS another large chunk of change to update our expired fingerprints. I still can't get a good explanation for why we need to go there in person, pay $160 to have our electronic fingerprints done again. How does one's prints expire?
Out other big task is to apply for Emerson's US passport. I be live that he will not have to get a visa because he is also a Kazakh citizen. I will be able to take a much needed breath about all of this once our paperwork is in Kazakhstan.
On the business front we are swamped. John has been installing gardens, rain barrels and drip irrigation like crazy these past few weeks. Check them out at www.thebackyardpantry.webs.com We are donating one tonight at the Party for the Planet Green Tie affair tonight.
My mom is starting to feel better and might even get to go home tomorrow. Emerson keeps asking about her saying "Mimi has a bad boo boo, I go to the hospital and pick her up..take her back home with me and give her a cars band-aid" If only it were that simple.
Hi Karen,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Molly Sparhawk and I actually saw your blogspot through the Stone family as my family is also following their journey to their son. We live in Washington state and as I was looking through your blogs and saw that you have a connection to Washington, but I wasn't sure where for sure! We actually adopted our son from Petropavolvsk in December 2006 when he was 8 1/2 months old. We follow different blogs especially now that he is older and he sees families come together in similar ways that ours did...hence the reason I am writing you! I am not sure if you live in WA or not, but we really enjoyed reading through your journey to Emerson and your exciting news now! Ok, I am in a public forum, but wanted to say that I would love to talk more!
My email address is:
masparhawk@yahoo.com
I would love to send you our blog to our son.
Thanks so much and we are thinking of you all in this exciting next adventure!
Molly, Greg, Kate and Abraham Dima Sparhawk
Kirkland, WA