Monday, April 12, 2010

Learning to live in the moment




Here I am with 6 weeks and 4 days left until the summer. I am thrilled that it is comming up but with that also means that Daniyar will be returning home. Recent events with my mom are also leading me to come back to the present and enjoy what I have now. My mom at 63 years young is in the hospital for heart problems and because she had a stroke on Friday. I am learning through this to not wish my days away to getting my next little one, because then I am neglecting the days I have with some of the most amazing people that are here and who will not always be here with me.

Mom's illness has also helped finalize our decision to bring Emerson with us on our big trip. We have really gone back and forth about this knowing that the flights are going to be crazy. Oh well, such is life.

The other big news is that the Kazkah president is in Washington DC meeting about nuclear proliferation. While I am happy the world is taking this step, I am sad that the ambassotors at the embassy will not be taking dossiers until the summit is over. I must trust that this all has meaning.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Mom - I hope that she recovers fully. WE are going to take the plunge and take Miras with us on our first trip. While I understand it is tiring with a toddler there, the time that Miras and Little can spend bonding will be priceless. Hopefully it will smooth the transition once he or she comes home. And I'm happy that you have found your 'zen' place about the process. I am convinced that that is the case as I continue to be amazed at how families are somewhat miraculously matched with the right child at the right time. Now if we go past June, I won't be HAPPY about it... (I'll roast!) but still amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog on lots of kaz blogs. We adopted our son from Taldykorgan Kaz Oct 09. His name is Daniyar. He was 3 yrs 11 mos when he came home. I always feel moved when a family wants to adopt an older child. Those kids often get passed over. I think of a sweet girl we met still waiting in Taldy often. Good luck and I hope your paperwork moves quickly. We'll follow along. Feel free to check our blog at jacgray.blogspot.com if you like. Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete