Yesterday was a day completely void of any news on the adoption front. We still have no idea what the Counsel will do with our dossier that is in the DC Embassy. Are hands are tied at this point. I am trying to be empathetic. We recently had a customer with the business that wanted a custom order of 4 4'x12' raised beds. He desperately wanted the beds for spring planting, so he would call and talk to John during his few precious work hours while Emerson was at school. Finllay his wife got it... If you keep calling someone while they are working feverantly to complete the project, to question them why they are not done, you only prolong the process. So I am making the best effort to back off, and trust that people are doing their job the best they can. I am also realizing that there is not a darn thing I can do so I have to trust them. 30 Rock last night seemed like it was written for me:)
On a different note, I actually got to go to a school program for Emerson last night. I almost never get to do anything school wise with him because I am always teaching. Last night I got to be the beaming parent as I watch my little boy stand front and center, doing is happy dance and sing two songs. I found myself on the verge of tears for several reasons. One I was so inspired by him and how far my little one has come. It is hard to believe that he started off on his own, and has now stolen so many hearts. Secondly, as I looked around at the primarily well to do crowd and kids with all of their needs met and loads of family to love ans support them, it broke my heart to know that a minority of children have such luxuries. It shakes the very core of my conscious to know that there are so many children in the world that live without. I just hope that I can make a difference.
If it makes you feel any better - we heard today that our Visa will not be processed by the NY consulate until they get all of the dossiers processed and sent to the MFA in time for the cutoff on the 26th (gee, thanks a lot, Karon ;)). And I just read on someone else's blog that theirs was processed in just three days. So, at least the consulate is working very hard at getting them done and you can probably confidently assume that the embassy is doing the same.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this bit of insider information. Sorry about your visa's being delayed. Our paperwork is at the DC Embassy. We have still not heard anything, but our agency felt hopefuly that ours was one of the lucky few. As I stated in my post I realized we needed to back off and let people do their jobs.
ReplyDeleteHi Karon! We are really anxious to correspond with you. We are so nervous about being in country, obviously extremely excited but nervous because we don't know what to expect. Can you send me your email address when you get a chance?....brookeoanderson@gmail.com. Thanks! btw, your son is insanely adorable!
ReplyDelete