Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hope wanning

I just read, though unofficualy, that the MFA will not accept dossiers after May 25th. This gives us almost no time at the Embassy. The counsolet has not even acknowledge our paperwork in any way. If I remember correctly from our last adoption, it take 3-5 days to get to Astana. I seriously doubt it will make it. My heart is very heavy with the atnisipation of bad news. It also said on the Embassy website that this will go through with their legislation which has the new age and marital laws. Kazkahstan from what I understand will restrict adoptions to couples under 45. I apreciate the kind words that all the delays will lead you to the right child, but to us it will lead us to no one. It also leads the older child that we were open to adopting with very little chance for a home.

2 comments:

  1. Karon and John,
    I just wanted to say I've been following your blog recently and I'm really sorry. I'm not surprised at what is going on and tend to share your sentiments that things are not looking good for you/the child you hope to adopt. But I am praying that we are wrong and you dossier WILL go through and you WILL adopt a wonderful child. And I am praying you will know either way very soon. Keep hanging in there....I know it's SO hard. Many blessings.
    Shan in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible when they say "no one over 45" that what they mean is there can't be more than a 45 year difference between parent and child? I don't know this, but maybe it is a possibility that will keep your options open. Looking for some hope for you!

    ReplyDelete