I am having the feeling now, as I do many times, when I have left a journal on the shelf too long. Then, when I finally pick it up, I feel overwhelmed because I feel like I should pick it back up where I left out. Being overwhelmed sets in and then I usually re shelve the journal and repeat the same exercise. But alas a blog is different, so my reaction this time shall be different too.
What have we been up to im my absence? The main thing has been moving. We broke down the office of the old house which meant sutting off the Internet. We still have not set up the new office (but major progress is being made) and I still have not figured out our wireless connection at the new house. So, baby steps are being made.
I also am back at work. I must say it has gone smother than I expected it to. John and Isaac are doing well together and school is wonderful for both boys. We are so lucky to have them in an early intervention pre-school with a teacher who is incredible innovative and a whole team that works with our kids to get them on the right track. I do joke around with people that I come to work to relax and that it is easier to teach and manage 115 middle school students than to do the same for my two toddlers:)
John is also slowly getting back into the grove of work. This has been harder for him because he was the one fixing up our new house and getting it all painted (we still have three rooms to finish.) He also has to figure out a new system for building the raised garden beds at our new house.
The boys are loving the new house. It is so good for them to have so much outside space to play. Isaac loves that there are swings all over the property and that he can ride in the fire truck or little car up and down our long driveway. Emerson just loves getting to explore and run around. He also apprecitates the abundance of swords/sticks all over the place.
We also made a definitive move, by canceling TV and we did not even unpack our TV's. I am loving that this battle is over with Emerson. It was such problem at our old place. I also like that John and I have one less distraction. It was way too easy for us to zone out with the TV, and the reality is that was did not have time for that, and our boys need us.
The other big thing is that the boys are starting to play together. It is so cute to see them laugh and wrestle. Emerson is helping Isaac learn his ABC's and counting. He will repeat a letter or number over and over until Isaac saies it to his satisfaction.
I promise pictures will come soon, but I am writing before school starts because we are not up and running at home.
Oh and we recived out whole dossier back from our other agency the other day. It was a bit weird and sad, but I know things worked out the way they were supposed to.
I am so glad that things are working out. I know there must still be some trying times, but smoother than expected is really good news! So glad the boys are playing together and teaching each other. Sounds like you are all enjoying the new place - yea! Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like things are working out just how they are supposed to. You really have been busy and have to give yourselves lots of credit just to be able to accomplish so much in such a short period of time. I am envious of the space that you have now as we'd been thinking of getting a weekend place or something with a little acreage to explore - but hasn't happened yet. Thanks for the update!
ReplyDelete