So late the other night I decided our new family picutres had to go up. We have not even finished painting the kitchen and bathrooms, but I could not wait. I wanted the wonderful pictures that the Kaz moms and Jenny Morgan gave to us. It was a push to say the least to get John to play along. Picture hanging with him is a science and enginering feat, and perfection is the standard. It took 3 hours to hang three pictures, but we got it done. We were so adamant about wanting family pictures because we saw how sad Isaac was when he looked at the pictures that did not have him in it in Texas. He also constanty noticed the family pictures John had framed for me this past mother's day hanging up. Isaac got it, he was not part of our family picture and it visibly made him sad.
I had no idea that he would react so favorably to the new pictures but it brought tears to our eyes. Both the boys woke up and when they went into the living room, they noticed them imediately. Isaac literaly was standing on the sofa, pointing to them naming everyone and saying "my family, Isaac's family." Every time he comes into the room he repeats the ritual as if to remind himself that this is real.
So thank you so much to all of those who contributed to the photos. I will post pictures soon of they boys looking at their pictures. It is a special peice of helping Isaac know and understand that he is part of our family now.
Wow this post made me cry. My family, Isaac's family. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYea! I am so glad Isaac likes the pictures!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! What a great feeling for all of you. I just purchased a picture frame for a photo of Irina I had printed large as we have several of Miras around the house and she seems to notice them. Amazing what a powerful message that can send.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!
ReplyDeleteOh, your post fills my heart with such joy. So happy for Isaac that he found his forever family. And now it's documented in pictures for all the world to see.
ReplyDeleteAww Karon... your post made me cry, I am so HAPPY Isaac loves looking at the pictures of himself with his forever family! It must feel wonderful to have them hung up and put a big smile on your face every time you walk past them.
ReplyDelete