Recently though, Isaac is learning that he has talents. First, he is really good at martial arts. They have just started their classes, and he is doing wonderful. I must take a moment to praise the school. Last week I had to explain Isaac's need to see things and his auditory processing issues. They were wonderful about eye contact when talking to him and showing him what they wanted him to do. His confidence in class is flourishing. My goal for Emerson with Karate is very different.. Athletically he struggles but the class is great for him, because he desperately needs to strengthen his core muscles. My biggest goal for Emerson is the discipline and direction following. The good news is that he is doing wonderful with it.
Isaac's other new big thing is that he had discovered that he loves to draw, and especially pictures of his family. The other funny thing is that he has started wrapping his presents for us. The way he does it is how John and I wrap things. If you have not caught on, we are pretty big on being minimalist in the consumer world. I have only bought wrapping paper once in my life and I prefer to wrap presents in some strange things that are mostly reusable. We also save a lot of containers because we grow most of our own food, and it is nice to have ways to store things. In our living room we have a whole bunch of old oatmeall containers that we use to set up "angry birds" activities. Isaac has taken to use these to wrap our presents.
Our other fun stuff we get to do with the boys is chicken chasing. We are down to one chicken, and she is lonely. She wants a flock,. but John is not allowed to get more until he gets a run built for them. Have I mentioned that chickens are pigs with feathers and they are not afraid of the crazy gardener. Now our chicken has learned how to get around the way we have blocked her from coming in the house or in the garden.
Yep, so that is what we are up to in our own little world.



No comments:
Post a Comment