Monday, July 16, 2012

I officialy have two swimmers



John and I love the water and the river.  We actually used to joke when we were adopting about the possibility of going strait for rafting age kids.  I am very glad both of our kids came to us the way they did, and I am so very proud of how far they have come. 

As adoptive parents we have missed out on a lot of first for our kids.  For Emerson I missed his first 6.5 months.  I was not there for him while he fought for his life in an incubator, I did not get to be there for his birth, his first bath, his first bottle and much more.  With Isaac we missed a lot.  We missed 3.5 years.  We missed his first roll over, first sitting, first steps, first tooth, first words, first surgeries, and we were not there for him on so many sleepless nights when he needed someone. 

But, today was a big first.  Both my boys passed their YMCA swim test and earned a green swim band.  We were all so very happy and I of course am one proud Mama.  Granted I am also happy not to have to monkey with life jackets at the pool anymore. 

Now I think it is time for us to start having some whitewater permit parties again to see if we can score a permit for the middle fork of the Salmon, or the Grand Canyon.  The Decker 4 are back on the wilderness river eligibility list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment